Transferring airtime on MTN Nigeria is very easy, and not as difficult as some persons make it out to be. Dailing the right code, you can easily transfer airtime on MTN to another MTN Simcard within a few minutes. If you’re worried on how to transfer airtime on mtn, use the guide below.
The art of transferring airtime from your MTN Nigeria sim card to another MTN user is officially called “MTN Share”.
Want to know how to transfer credit on mtn? Here’s your best guide.
What is MTN SHARE?
MTN Share (which was previously known as MTN Share ‘N’ Sell) is a secured service that allows all MTN registered users to transfer airtime(credit) from your MTN account to other MTN customers’ accounts for free. Take note that MTN Share can be used by all new and existing prepaid and postpaid customers on the MTN network.
As of the time of writing this, using MTN Share is 100% free. There’s no need to visit any website, download any app to transfer credit on MTN, you can now transfer airtime Free of Charge using any mobile phone.
If this is your first time using the MTN Share, you must change the default PIN which is 0000 to a more secured PIN you chose yourself.
There are two methods of changing your MTN Share default PIN. The SMS or USSD method. To send airtime on MTN, you need to change the default MTN pin from 0000.
SMS METHOD: Send an SMS with your Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, go to your message, create a new message, and type this: 0000 1234 1234 to 777. Note that we’re assuming that your new PIN is 1234.
USSD METHOD: You can also change your MTN Share default PIN by dialing *777*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *777*0000*1234*1234# and then send/OK. Assuming your new pin is 1234.
Immediately you change your PIN using any of the options above, you will receive an SMS informing you that your PIN was changed successfully.
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN Using SMS.
STEP 1: Create a new SMS by typing in this command: Transfer Recipient’s Number Amount and PIN to 777. For example, ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
Sending this message is 100% free, and you won’t be charged.
STEP 2: Once you have successfully sent this message, a few moments later, you will receive an SMS asking for confirmation whether you authorized the transfer of credit. You need to confirm that you authorized it before the airtime can be successfully transferred to the MTN number you’re sending the airtime. To confirm, send an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
How to Transfer Airtime using USSD.
This method is the easiest. Here’s how to transfer credit on mtn using USSD. To do this, simply dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone. For example, let’s say the number you’re sending the credit to is 08031234567 and you want to transfer 1,500 Naira from your airtime balance. You should dial: *777*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send/OK. When the transfer has been completed, you’ll get a successful confirmation message that the airtime is transferred.
- Do know that you can only transfer amounts in Naira and not in kobo, i.e. you can transfer NGN71.00 but not NGN71.99. It’s impossible to transfer kobo.
- There are a minimum and maximum amount you can transfer per transaction. The minimum amount is fifty Naira (NGN50.00) while five thousand Naira (NGN5,000) is the maximum you can transfer in a single transaction.
- While the maximum amount you can transfer per day is a Hundred thousand Naira. You are allowed to transfer a maximum of NGN100,000.00 from your phone to either a single or multiple MTN accounts every day.
- There is no limit place to the number of transactions you can do per day.
- If your MTN prepaid account does not have enough airtime to cover the amount you have requested to transfer, (i.e if you want to transfer 200 Naira, but your balance is 199 Naira), the transaction will be void and you will receive an error message.
- However, for all MTN postpaid customer, you can only transfer airtime when your account is in positive and not negative (-). For example, if your account balance is N-300.00. You can’t use the MTN Share. On the other hand, if your account balance is N1,000.00, you can transfer all available airtime (NGN 1,000).
Finally, I want to say here that you can transfer credit/airtime on MTN using a non-internet phone. Since you’ll be using either the SMS or USSD code option.