NIN Number is now compulsory for all candidates who want to register for the 2023 JAMB examination.
The National Identification Number (NIN) is compulsory and mandatory for Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) registration. Take note that NIN is a unique eleven (11) digit number.
Anyone can register for their National Identification Number (NIN) in any NIN outlet nationwide. It’s the right of every Nigerian to have their own NIN number. To ensure Nigerians start registering for their NIN from a youthful age, the federal government made it mandatory that NIN is compulsory for your JAMB registration.
Recommended: How to Reprint JAMB Examination Slip 2023.
Since 2021, JAMB has made NIN compulsory to curb examination malpractice and identify each candidate using their personal data. NIN has made registration quicker and faster since it already contains vital information about you. Like your Age, Date of Birth, Month of Birth, Birth Year, State of Origin, etc.
The National Identification Number (NIN) Registration is free of charge.
NIN Documents Required for JAMB Registration.
- Local Government of Origin Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
How to Get NIN for JAMB Registration.
Since it’s now compulsory to use NIN for JAMB registration if you don’t have NIN already, here is how you can get your NIN for JAMB registration.
- Visit the NIN registration centre closest to you.
- Meet any of the available staff and kindly ask them to register you for NIN.
- You’ll be handed a NIN registration form.
- Carefully go through the form and use your Correct data.
- Submit the form to the registration agent.
- Wait to collect your NIN slip.
- I’ll advice you to get the original NIN slip. Most NIN agents charge between N2,000 – N3,000 for the original NIN slip. However, if you don’t want to pay, you’ll be asked to wait for months before you can get it.
How to Retrieve NIN Number.
If you have previously registered for your NIN and forgot the Number, don’t worry and Do not register for a new one. You can easily retrieve your NIN number using the phone number you used during your registration.
The service will Cost you twenty Naira (N20) only, and is achievable via SMS.
- Dial the USSD code *346# on your phone.
- Select “NIN Retrieval” by typing 1.
- Select the option to see your NIN number.
Locate the Nearest MTN, Glo Airtel Office.
- You can commence your NIN registration at MTN, Glo or Airtel offices nearest to you.
- If there’s none in your area, go to your local government office in your location to register for NIN.
Finally, know the NIN offices working hours. NIN offices are open on Monday to Friday, and they work from 8 AM to 4 PM daily.